CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Goodbye Dear Friend

Jennifer Smith Walters
Yesterday May 4, 2009
At 28 Jen lost her 3 year battle with brain cancer...
My heart aches for the loss of my friend...
for all of her family...especially her husband & son
I know she is in a better place...and no longer suffering
I know this is not the end for Jen & her family
And they are all in my thoughts & prayers

This is the only picture I have of Jen holding Aiden...
in January 2008...at our house after Aiden was blessed...
Ryan her husband is behind her holding their son Noah!

Jen had such a fun, vibrant personality...
she could always make me laugh!

She loved her family & friends

Jen taught me a lot...especially about myself...
even in her moments of doubt...
I have never met anyone that knew themselves as well as Jen

I met Jen in August of 2000...she was my roommate at Utah State
the first one I met
I was terrified as I watched my family drive away...
and she came & asked me to go to dinner!
I knew I would love her!

She was the life of the party!
No matter what we were doing!
Whether we were working out to her Cindy Crawford video,
hanging out waiting for our laundry to be done
or just watching Pride & Prejudice...

We had a dance for Valentine's day...
after we watched a movie at our apartment...
this was Jen & her date...

Here we are with Nikki...getting ready to go clubbing!

Just hanging out at Tiff, Wendy & Kelly's apartment!

at that Valentine's dance...

I remember a lot of things about Jen...
she loved to play her guitar & write songs...
she loved music in general!
Every Thursday we used to eat at Old Grist Mill (still a favorite)
and then go home & watch Friends...

She loved Diet Coke...and midnight pie runs to Denny's!

This was Christmas time


(Sorry some of the photos are kind of blurry...
these are from back in the good ole' days...
before digital cameras!)

This was my 2nd year at Utah State...hanging out in our apartment!

Halloween 2000

She was playing my leg like a guitar...
I don't really remember why...?

For Spring Break 2001 we went to San Diego...
we had so much fun!!!
Shopping & eating & watching movies...going to the beach & playing skip-bo!


Getting ready for the Colors concert...
Me, Kelly & Jen...Wendy was taking the picture


In San Diego...
Jen, Me & Kelly


Jen standing next to Sarah...then me & Nikki...
I don't even remember whose birthday it was!

One day for one of her classes...Jen brought home some "drunk goggles"
Oh my goodness!
You couldn't even stand up straight!
So much fun!


We were just hanging out at Kelly & Wendy's house...
not sure why Jen felt the urge to attack Wendy!

Aren't we cute?!?!


It was so late at night!
We were of course playing skip-bo...
we played a lot...
we used to get very competitive!!!
I loved it!
I miss those days!
I could talk to her about anything...

Just Jen!

Here we all were...
Jen, Wendy, Me & Kelly...
looking like we needed to get some sleep!

Jen & I used to go for drives...to get out...get away...
after a hard day...or a bad guy!!!
We went to Idaho a lot...music blaring...
and usually on the way back we would feel better enough to talk about it!
This time though we went to Bear Lake...we wanted a raspberry shake...
but they weren't open yet!!!
We were so bummed!
Not me as much...I had never had one before!



I will miss you Jen...I love you!
I am so glad that I got to be a part of your life...
and that I had the privilege of calling you my friend...
I will miss your laugh...I hope I never forget it!
Just thinking of it makes me smile!
I will miss you making fun of my "Indiana accent"
I will miss you saying things like "fetch" when you're upset
or "beesh" when you're cold!
I am so glad that we have the gospel in our lives...
glad for the knowledge that we have
I know this is not goodbye forever...
just Till We Meet Again...

5 comments:

Anonymous

Amy I am soooo sorry for the loss of your friend! My thoughts and prayers are with you as much as they are for her family. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for Jen and that this was what needed to be done. God has a special place for her and someday you and her family will be together to share the joy of family for all time and eternity! I love you!

Love Holly Senger

Buchanan Fam

Wow. What a nice tribute. We are so lucky to have had her in our lives for as long as we did.

Danielle

I'm so sorry you lost your good friend. That's so sad! You made a nice tribute for her. Let me know if you need anything.

Alesha

What a sweet tribute! Ohhhh... the memories pictures have.

Tiffany

Oh, Amy, that was so perfect. I am laughing through the tears at "fetch" and "beesh." I am so glad we have one another to lean on. I love you!